Good health is more than luck, genes or germs, it’s about how we eat, move, think and behave. Body, mind and spirit – they all influence our state of health and wellness. As a holistic health practitioner, I help individuals with a broad range of health problems, from adrenal fatigue to digestive disorders to cardiovascular conditions. Clients who do best under my care:
- Are keen and motivated to play an active role in their healing process.
- Are interested in discovering the underlying cause of their problem(s), rather than just dealing with the symptoms.
- Want to explore different treatment options natural medicine offers and don’t want to rely on medications and medical intervention (where safe/ possible) for getting well.
- Are willing to make the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes to support their progress to health and wellbeing.
- Are keen to receive support and coaching to take the steps towards reaching their health goals.
My treatments and advice will make a big difference to the way you feel, think and look. However, you’ve got to take the first step and initiate your healing journey. It only takes a phone call or email to start. Contact me today or send me an email.
My holistic therapeutic approach
Holistic health and wellness are at the core of my therapeutic approach. I practice holistic and functional natural medicine where the body is seen as an interconnected whole, recognising that in order to treat one part of the body, all of the other parts must also be considered. This is why natural medicine practitioners are able to successfully treat a broad range of health problems. I help and enable my clients to restore the body’s internal balance resulting in good health and wellbeing.
True and lasting healing is only possible when the root cause(s) of illness is addressed. By understanding the core systems of the body, how they are related, and how their functions can be restored, many chronic illnesses can be prevented and even reversed. I work closely with my clients to uncover any underlying imbalances – both physical and emotional – and then formulate a personalised treatment plan to prioritise and address their health issues.
I combine the best of both naturopathic and functional medicines with emphasis on the great importance of good nutrition and lifestyle. This ensures my clients obtain the benefits of both worlds. Please see the summary of Natural Medicines I use.
Holistic natural medicine often involves the use of several healing therapies to achieve recovery and optimal health. I also use a number of analytical tools in my investigations including laboratory testing (blood, urine, stool and saliva testing), detailed questionnaires, thorough medical history taking and physical examination. Please refer to the How we work together summary for further details.
Treatments are highly personalised based on your needs. The vast majority of remedies have no side effects and often other seemingly unrelated complaints improve because of the interconnectedness of the body systems. Please review the tailored Health Programs I offer.
Conditions I have special interest and training in
I’m able to help most people with their health challenges; however, I have particular experience with and training in the following conditions:
- Adrenal fatigue (burnout or adrenal exhaustion) syndrome also known as HPA axis dysregulation. Symptoms include feeling stressed out all the time and unable to relax, persistent fatigue, exhaustion (tired all the time), anxiety, racing mind, brain fog, sugar cravings and/or hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar), feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope (especially when multitasking), frequent colds and flu, hormone imbalances, sleep problems, chronic digestive symptoms e.g. bloating, reflux, excessive gas, tense muscles
- Insomnia and sleep difficulties – including inability to fall asleep easily, waking up during the night, waking up early in the morning and not able to go back to sleep, racing mind, anxiety and stress
- Digestive disorders – including SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth), IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), food allergies and sensitivities, histamine intolerance, leaky gut (increased intestinal permeability), Candida, intestinal parasites, reflux (heartburn), liver and gallbladder disorders
- Anxiety and depression – symptoms include feelings of fear, panic and intense negativity, excessive worry, heart palpitations, sleep problems
- Neurological/ neurodegenerative conditions – such as Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- GAPS diet – Gut and Psychology Syndrome nutritional protocol advice and support, including autism spectrum disorders (ASDs), mental health, digestive disorders, chronic disease, autoimmune disease, among others. Client support Australia-wide in person, via Skype and telephone
Please be mindful that healing is a journey not an intervention, and that there ARE many great remedies but NO magic bullets to rely on. So take the first step by making better nutrition and lifestyle choices starting today – it all adds up!
If you need help, seek advice or have questions feel free to contact me