Most of us need some digestive first aid after overindulging during the Christmas period and beyond. Here are my best tried and tested home remedies to relieve most digestive upsets. It may be a good idea to print them and them keep handy in the kitchen!
have a peek here Bloating and gas
- have a peek at this web-site A strong cup of peppermint tea should give relief quickly, especially if you walk around just after you drink it.
- Tadalafil Oral Strip A hot water compress or bottle placed directly on the abdomen quickly relieves gas pains.
- this contact form Soothing seeds – mix of anise, caraway, dill and fennel seeds. To release the healing oils gently crush the seeds and add ½-1 teaspoon to a cup of just-boiled water. Let it steep for 10 minutes. Strain and drink. Repeat as needed.
- see url Ginger tea – add 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger to 1 glass of just-boiled water. Drink 3 cups of the mixture throughout the day. You can also use freshly grated ginger, steep 1 teaspoon for 10 minutes in hot water.
source Heartburn (reflux)
- www spotoption com In case of acid indigestion – thoroughly chew a tablespoon of dry rolled oats, then swallow.
- sala sport forex Digestive seeds – chew a mix of anise seeds, cardamom seeds or caraway seeds, these are great for sore stomach.
- official site Honey and apple cider vinegar – mix 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar into a glass of hot water and drink the mixture a few times per day.
- Eat papaya http://salpasafarit.fi/?kalimo=%C3%BCcretsiz-forex-e%C4%9Fitimi-f%C4%B1rsat%C4%B1&371=dd after meals – fresh, ripe papaya helps digestion thanks to the potent digestive enzyme papain.
- Add fresh basil to food my response while cooking – it will make the food more digestible and also help prevent constipation.
- Avoid coffee, fried foods, alcohol, chocolate and spicy foods – they trigger reflux.
- Don’t lie down – the backflow of stomach acid into the oesophagus increases when you lie down (especially on your right side).
- First thing in the morning drink 2 glasses of warm filtered water mixed with 1 teaspoon of raw honey and 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice. This has a cleansing effect on the digestive tract and encourages bowel movements (peristalsis).
- Prune drink – most of us know this remedy! Cover 10 prunes with warm water and leave overnight. In the morning before breakfast eat the moist prunes and drink the juice diluted with water.
- The combination of dried apricots and prunes click here works wonders for most people. Soak six of each overnight. Next morning eat three of each and drink half of the juice diluted with 1 glass of water. Then in the late afternoon or an hour before dinner, eat the remaining three apricots and prunes.
- Olive oil – take 1 tablespoon of extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil in the morning and 1 tablespoon an hour after dinner.
- Persimmons are well-known to relieve constipation.
- For extra help – take 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and cover with warm water, when they swell add 1-2 tablespoons of oat bran, mix well and eat the mixture with a big glass of water. Best done before sleep at night.
- Aerobic exercise http://www.paoloruggirello.it/?ireop=azioni-alpha is an excellent laxative! Do at least 30 minutes every morning.
It can be dangerous as it quickly depletes the body of potassium, magnesium and sodium (electrolytes) leaving the sufferer tired and dehydrated. Positive aspect: it helps to speed up toxin removal.
- Drink lots of water – sip warm water in small quantities constantly during the day.
- Chamomile and/ or peppermint teas my review here are very soothing and hydrating. Especially chamomile is an old diarrhoea remedy.
- Infusion of dried blueberries – this is one of the best remedies to resolve diarrhoea. Take 1 tablespoon of dried blueberries and add 1 glass of boiling water. Steep for around 15 minutes, drink whilst warm. Drink 4-6 glasses of this drink per day until diarrhoea subsides.
- Raspberry leaf tea is a popular remedy for children and adults. Combine 1 tablespoon of dried raspberry leaves with 2 cups of water, add small piece of cinnamon stick and simmer for 25 minutes. Strain, cool and drink throughout the day.
- Barley water – a very effective remedy and great for soothing the gut! See the recipe http://ww.modernhomesleamington.co.uk/component/search/?limitstart=0 here.
Do you have a great digestive first aid remedy? Please share it with us in comments below.
why not try these out Joanna Sochan
Naturopath Herbalist Nutritionist
Photo credit: Pixabay
Check out other posts here:
- Top 3 herbal teas to feel and look great!
- What is leaky gut?
- Know and love your herbs – Lemon balm
- Eat this – Goji berries
- Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your problems
binary ea Like what you’ve read? Spread the word to family and friends – share this post!